Our Cable Television Subscribers’ Rights
Lonsdale Video Ventures, LLC Annual Cable Customer Notice
This notice contains important information concerning your cable television services. We provide this notice as a service to our customers and in accordance with applicable federal law and FCC regulations. It is important to us that you are informed about the services we provide, our policies and procedures and your rights as a customer. We encourage you to review the following information and contact us at (507)-744-2311 with any questions.
- Personally identifiable subscriber information; restrictions on access. To provide cable and other services, we collect and maintain personally identifiable information concerning customers. That information may include name, address, phone number, social security number, driver's license number, billing records, service maintenance and repair records, premium service subscription information, marketing information, and customer complaints. Except as indicated below under Disclosure prohibited; exceptions, all personally identifiable information is used for the normal business purpose of offering and providing cable television service and other services to you. Only persons authorized by us may access this information. Persons authorized to access customer information include our employees and sales agents, billing and collections services, accountants, and other businesses that provide products and services to us. These persons may access customer information on a regular basis. We maintain certain customer information for as long as we provide service to a customer and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter. Other customer information is periodically destroyed.
- Disclosure prohibited; exceptions. Federal law prohibits the disclosure of your personally identifiable subscriber information without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
- Business activities. We may disclose customer information in order to conduct business activities related to providing cable service or other service.
- Unauthorized reception of cable service. We may disclose customer information in order to detect unauthorized reception of our cable service.
- Names and addresses to third parties. We may disclose names and addresses to third parties for the purposes of mailing lists, charities, and direct mail marketing, unless you notify us in writing that you do not wish us to disclose it. You may write us at any time with this request.
- Court order. We must disclose personally identifiable information without your consent if we are required to do so by a court order. If we are served with a court order requiring disclosure, we will promptly inform you before releasing any information. You will then have an opportunity to contest the order.
- Law enforcement request. We may also disclose personally identifiable information without your consent when requested by law enforcement under certain circumstances.
As a customer, you may review your personal information maintained by us by contacting us and making an appointment to meet at our office during normal business hours. We will need a reasonable amount of time to collect the information and remove any references to other customers. You may request correction of any errors in personal information that we collect or maintain pertaining to you. You have the right under federal law to enforce your cable privacy rights through a civil action in federal district court.
- Set-top boxes. Some models of TV receivers and other devices (VCRs, DVD Players, TiVo…etc.) may not be able to receive all of the channels offered on our system. Channel compatibility problems may occur if TVs and certain other equipment are connected directly to the cable system. Use of a set-top box typically resolves these problems. Channel compatibility problems associated with the reception of programming that is not scrambled or encrypted programming can be resolved by using a simple converter device without descrambling or decryption capabilities. Converters are available from Lonsdale. If your service is received through a set-top box, you may not be able to use special features and functions on certain TVs and other devices. For example, some set-top boxes may not be compatible with features that allow you to view a program on one channel while simultaneously recording a program on another channel; record two or more consecutive programs that appear on different channels; or use advanced picture generation and display features such as "Picture-in-Picture."
- Special equipment. Scrambling or encryption technologies may affect your reception of signals. We offer special equipment for our customers encountering these problems.
- Remote control devices. Remote control devices available from retail outlets may be compatible with our set-top boxes. Remote control devices that may be compatible with some models of our set-top boxes include the Harmony Logitech universal remote control. Unauthorized reception of cable service Federal and state laws make it a crime to receive, or assist another in receiving, any cable service without our express authorization. Violators face substantial criminal penalties including fines and imprisonment. In addition, we are entitled under the law to sue cable thieves in federal or state court and obtain injunctions and substantial damages. Reception of any cable service without our express authorization is prohibited.
Unauthorized reception of cable service
- Federal and state laws make it a crime to receive, or assist another in receiving, any cable service without our express authorization. Violators face substantial criminal penalties including fines and imprisonment. In addition, we are entitled under the law to sue cable thieves in federal or state court and obtain injunctions and substantial damages. Reception of any cable service without our express authorization is prohibited.
Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of 1998
- Lonsdale Telephone Company complies with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of 1998
- (“Act”). As required by the Act, we have adopted a policy to address broadband accounts involved in repeated copyright infringement. Our repeat infringer policy follows:
- If we receive more than 2 copyright infringement notices within a 60-day period regarding a broadband account, we will suspend that broadband account’s service for 60 days;
- If we receive another copyright infringement notice regarding the same broadband account within 60 days of service suspension, we will terminate that broadband account’s service for 3 months; and,
- If we receive another copyright infringement notice regarding that broadband account, we will permanently terminate service to that broadband account.
- Lonsdale Telephone accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures to identify and protect copyrighted works, subject to the limitations of the Act.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
- If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410, or by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.
Disability and Impairment Accessibility
Minnesota Relay provides free and full telephone accessibility to anyone who is hard of hearing, deaf, deaf/blind or speech disabled. Now it is easier than ever to make a Minnesota Relay call.
- JUST DIAL 711 TO MAKE A CALL A Communication Assistant (CA) relays the phone conversation between a person who has hearing loss or a speech disability and a hearing person.
- TEXT TELEPHONE (TTY): 1(800) 627-3529
- HEARING CARRY OVER (HCO): 1(800) 627-3529
- COMPUTER (ASCII): 1(800) 627-3529
- MINNESOTA RELAY GENERAL: 1(800) 627-3529
- SPANISH RELAY: 1(877) 627-5448
- VOICE CARRY OVER DIRECT (VCO): 1(877) 627-3024
- SPEECH-TO-SPEECH (STS): 1(877) 627-3848
- 2-LINE VOICE CARRY OVER: 1(866) 855-4611
- 900 PAY CALLS: 1(900) 230-3324
- CAPTIONED TELEPHONE SERVICE (CapTel): If you wish to contact a person who uses a CapTel phone, dial: 1(877) 243-2823. For detailed instructions:www.mnrelay.org or 1(800) 657-3775.
- Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- You can call next door or internationally.
- All calls are 100% confidential.
- There is no charge for using Minnesota Relay unless you call long distance.
BILLING OPTIONS FOR LONG DISTANCE CALLS:
- Pre-paid calling card
- Third party billing
- Carrier calling card
Call 911 direct. All 911 centers are equipped to handle TTY calls. Minnesota Relay can process emergency calls, but this may delay the response to your call.
FILING A COMPLAINT:
If you would like to file a complaint regarding Minnesota Relay, please call 1(800) 657-3775. You will need to provide the date and time of the relay call, the CA’s identification number, and the nature of your complaint. To file a relay complaint with the Federal Communications Commission call toll-free at 1(888) 225-5322 (voice)/1(888) 835-5322 (TTY), or file on line at esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm
- TEXT TELEPHONE (TTY): Allows a person who is deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled to use a TTY to communicate with the other person on the call.
- HEARING CARRY OVER (HCO): Allows a person who can hear but who has very limited or no speech capability to make and receive phone calls. The HCO user types his/her conversation for the CA to read to the other person, and listens directly to the other person’s response. Requires a special telephone.
- COMPUTER (ASCII): Computer users can also access Minnesota Relay. Set you communications software to the following protocols: speeds ranging from 300 to 2400; 8 Bits; No Parity; 1 Stop Bit; Full Duplex. When calling at a rate of 300 or below, follow the above using Half Duplex.
- STANDARD TELEPHONE: A hearing person may use a standard telephone to place a relay call and easily converse with a person who is deaf, hard of hearing or speech disabled.
- SPANISH RELAY: The CA relays calls between a Spanish speaking person with a hearing or speech disability and a Spanish speaking hearing person.
- VOICE CARRY OVER (VCO): Allows a person who has difficulty hearing on the phone to voice their conversations directly to the other person on the call. The CA then types the other person’s response to the VCO user. Requires a special phone.
- SPEECH-TO-SPEECH (STS): Allows a person who has had difficulty speaking or being understood on the phone to communicate using his or her own voice or voice synthesizer. The CA revoices the words of the person with a speech disability so the other person on the call can understand them. No special telephone is required.
- 2 LINE VOICE CARRY OVER (VCO): Allows a VCO user to use one telephone line for speaking directly to the other person, while the second line is used to receive the CA’s typed response from the other person. This enhanced feature provides a more natural flow of conversation without the pauses of single-line VCO calls. Additional service and equipment requirements.
- 900 PAY-PER-CALL SERVICES: Allows a relay user to connect to any pay-per-call service.
- CAPTIONED TELEPHONE SERVICE (CAPTEL): CapTel is an amplified telephone and relay captioning service that allows people who are hard of hearing to see word-for-word captions of their telephone conversation on a bright easy-to-read display window built into the Cap Tel phone, while also listening to what is being said using their residual hearing (much like TV captioning) Requires a CapTel phone. If you wish to contact a person who uses a CapTel phone, dial: 1(877) 243-2823.
TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTION (TED) PROGRAM
- The TED Program provides free specialized telecommunications equipment to income eligible Minnesotans who are having trouble using the telephone due to a hearing, speech, or physical disability.
- Call 1(800) 657-3663 (voice) or 1(888) 206-6555 (TTY) for details or go to http://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/adults/services/deaf-hard-of-hearing/programs-services/telephone-equipment.jsp. Services provided by: Minnesota Department of Commerce-Telecommunication Access Minnesota.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has rules requiring telecommunications service providers like Lonsdale Telephone Company to make its services and products accessible to people with disabilities if such access is readily achievable. These rules implement Section 255 and Section 716 of the Federal Communications Act and requires tele-communications service providers to make their services and devices compatible with peripheral devices and specialized customer premises equipment that are commonly used by people with disabilities, if such compatibility is readily achievable. Please contact us at (507) 744-2311 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to discuss your accessibility needs and the options we may have to assist you in using our services.
LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY DEPLOYS A GENBAND C-15 SOFTSWITCH WHICH CAN BE CONFIGURED TO ALLOW THE FOLLOWING CAPABILITIES TO ENHANCE THE USABILITY OF TELEPHONE SERVICE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES.
- The C15 is compatible with TTY Relay Service
- The C15 is compatible with FAX terminals that transmit to either TDM or VoIP destinations
- The C15 is equipped with the APMAX application server, which provides an optional voicemail service for C15 users which can be equipped with a speech to text service
- The C15 and APMAX can provide a user web portal to control telephone and voicemail service
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
TERMS OF SERVICE
LONSDALE TELEPHONE & LONSDALE VIDEO VENTURES LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Lonsdale Telephone Company conditions your use of its High Speed Internet Service ("Service") on acceptance of, and compliance with, the following terms and conditions of service. These terms and conditions are part of Lonsdale Telephone Company’s Internet Service Subscription and Service Agreement.
Acceptance of terms and conditions and responsibility for the Service.
You acknowledge that you are accepting these terms and conditions on behalf of all persons who use the Service on your account and that you shall have sole responsibility for ensuring that all other users understand and comply with these terms and conditions and all applicablepolicies. You acknowledge that you shall be responsible for any transactions made through the Service.
Important information about the Service.
We post information about the Service on our website at www.lonsdaletel.com. Our website contains links to the following documents concerning the Service:
- Lonsdale Telephone Company High Speed Internet Service – Terms and Conditions of Service [Click Here To Download]
- Lonsdale Telephone Company High Speed Internet Service - Acceptable Use Policy [Click Here To Download]
- Lonsdale Telephone Company High Speed Internet Service – Product Description and Minimum Equipment Requirements [Click Here To Download]
- Lonsdale Telephone Company High Speed Internet Service-Broadband Internet Service Disclosures [Click Here To Download]
- NOTE: Lonsdale Telephone Company reserves the right to modify the contents of the documents listed above as needed. You should review these documents periodically to ensure compliance.
- The documents may be downloaded or printed from the Website. Copies may also be requested by contacting Lonsdale Telephone Company Customer Service at (507)744-2311.
General description of the Service and components.
- The Service includes broadband Internet access service, wiring, or installing a DSL modem where fiber is unavailable. The transfer speeds and other components provided with each specific product offering are described in a separate document entitled “Lonsdale Telephone Company High Speed Internet Service – “Product Description and Minimum Equipment Requirements” available at www.lonsdaletel.com.
- We invoice you monthly in advance for all charges for the Service. Failure to pay the full amount when due may result in termination of services. If services are terminated, a re-connection charge will apply.
Access to premises.
- You must provide Lonsdale Telephone Company employees with reasonable access to the premises to install, inspect, repair, maintain, or remove the Service and any Lonsdale Telephone Company equipment.
Limitations on quality of service; credits for interruption of Service.
- The Service is provided over a shared network and subject to degraded performance and interrupted service at any time. Reasons for degraded performance and interrupted service include, without limitation, problems with your computer, problems within Lonsdale Telephone Company’s network such as network congestion, equipment failures or damage to Lonsdale Telephone Company’s network components, and problems outside of Lonsdale Telephone Company’s network such as, congestion, equipment failures or damage to network components. Lonsdale Telephone Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain and repair its network and equipment to provide the Service. Lonsdale Telephone Company disclaims any responsibility for quality of service problems cause by your computer or any problems beyond Lonsdale Telephone Company’s network. We shall not be liable for any inconvenience, loss, liability, or damage resulting from any interruption of the Services, caused by any circumstances beyond our control. In all other cases of an interruption of the Service, you shall be entitled upon a request made within 30 days of the interruption, to a pro rated credit for any Service interruption exceeding twenty-four consecutive hours after such interruption is reported to us. THE CREDIT SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR AN INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE.
Limited liability for damage to property.
- Lonsdale Telephone Company is not responsible in any way for any damage to your property, personal computer or peripherals, or to any software, files or data, or the voiding of warranties, that may result from the installation, use, maintenance, or removal of the Service, except for instances of Lonsdale Telephone Company’s gross negligence. In no event shall Lonsdale Telephone Company’s liability exceed $1,000.
Restrictions on users of the Service.
- You agree that the Service and Lonsdale Telephone Company equipment shall be used only by you and the members of your immediate household living with you at the same address and only for personal, residential, non-commercial purposes. You shall not use Lonsdale Telephone Company equipment at any other address. You shall not resell or permit another to resell the Services.
Restrictions on devices.
- You must not connect any device to the Service that: (i) harms Lonsdale Telephone Company’s network; (ii) is not compatible with Lonsdale Telephone Company’s network; (iii) enables you or others to access the Service permits access to or use of the Service in violation of these terms and conditions or the Lonsdale Telephone Company Broadband Internet Service Acceptable Use Policy.
Termination of Service; return of modem.
- Upon termination of the Service, the Lonsdale Telephone Company DSL modem must be returned to Lonsdale Telephone Company’s Customer Service Center. You may notify Lonsdale Telephone Company, and we will pick up the modem. Or, you may drop off the modem at Lonsdale Telephone Company’s Customer Service Center.
Ownership of wiring.
- The wiring and other non-electrical equipment installed on the premises to your home remain the property of Lonsdale Telephone Company. Wiring installed by Lonsdale Telephone Company inside your home is your property. Lonsdale Telephone Company reserves the right to place terminators and other reasonable and necessary devices and components on the wiring inside your home to maintain system security and signal integrity.
Customer responsibility for access to Internet content, applications and services; Lonsdale Telephone Company disclaimer.
- You acknowledge that the Service provides full access to the Internet and all content, applications and services available over the Internet. Some content, applications or services may be offensive or inappropriate for certain people. Such content may include information, images, or programs that are unlawful, infringing, abusive, profane, or sexually offensive. You assume all risk, responsibility, and liability for use of the Service to connect to, and access content on, the Internet. Lonsdale Telephone Company and its officers, employees, and agents disclaim any liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits, or proceedings arising out of or otherwise relating to such content or from use or reliance upon information, services, or merchandise accessed on the Internet through the Service. Customer responsibility for software, content, applications and services downloaded from the Internet; Lonsdale Telephone Company disclaimer. You assume all responsibility and liability for any software, content, applications, or services you download from the Internet, including any virus or other damaging or destructive attribute. Lonsdale Telephone Company has no responsibility and disclaims any liability for such acts or occurrences. Lonsdale Telephone Company does not endorse or warranty any third party software, applications, services or content that you access through the Service.
Customer responsibility for security; Lonsdale Telephone Company disclaimer.
- You assume all responsibility and liability for the security of information on your personal computer and information you transmit or receive through the Service. Lonsdale Telephone Company has no responsibility and disclaims any liability for the security of any information on your personal computer, or the security or accuracy of any information or data transmitted or received through the Service. Lonsdale Telephone Company has no responsibility and disclaims any liability for unauthorized access by third persons to your personal computer, files, or data.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION ON DAMAGES.
- LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FORA PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. NO STATEMENT, ADVICE, OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES OR CONTRACTORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, CREATES A WARRANTY. NEITHER LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
INDEMNIFICATION OF LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR AND SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY AND ITS EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS AND SHALL REIMBURSE US FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS) INCURRED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIMS, SUITS, JUDGMENTS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF: (i) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR LONSDALE TELEPHONE COMPANY EQUIPMENT; (ii) VIOLATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS,PRIVACY, CONFIDENTIALITY, COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK, TRADE SECRET, OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED APPARATUS OR SYSTEM; AND (iii) YOUR BREACH OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Changes to terms and conditions.
We will provide you notice of changes to these terms and conditions consistent with applicable law. The notice may be provided in monthly bill, as a bill insert, in a newspaper, by e-mail, on our website, or by other permitted communication. If you find the change unacceptable, you have the right to cancel the Service. If you continue to receive the Service after the change, this shall represent your acceptance of the change.